Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fruit Smoothies


I mentioned to you that my family is doing this Healthy Living Challenge, which involves, among other things, getting three servings of fruit in per day. I found a fantastic way to do it!! Smoothies in the morning. I found a recipe online (I can't find the website where I found the recipe now; sorry 'bout that...) that is soooooo easy. And I can get three servings of fruit in one meal! And really, I've tried tons of different combinations of yogurt and berries, and every single one has tasted so, so, so good! I don't think you can go wrong! I made one with frozen peaches, fresh bananas, and strawberry yogurt this morning, and it was lovely. Who knew peaches and strawberries go good together?? Ben and I did blueberries with vanilla yogurt the other day, and that was wonderful, as well.

Fruit Smoothies

Serves 2

2-3 cups frozen fruit. If you use fresh, you'll have to add ice cubes to get the right texture.
1 - 1 1/2 cups liquid - juice, milk, etc.
1/2 cup yogurt (not frozen yogurt; just regular, flavored yogurt)

I put the frozen stuff into the blender first, and then the yogurt, and then the liquid. I find it easier if I throw them in in that order.

Seriously, one of the best things I've discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment